The Port Melbourne Tennis Club was established in 1885. In the early 1970s the club was relocated to the current site to allow for the development of the Graham Street overpass. At that time the number of courts were increased from two to three en tout case courts and the current club house was built.
The Port Melbourne Tennis Club will provide tennis to members of the Port Melbourne community in a club that:
- Is community friendly and member managed
- Has a relaxed and friendly and inclusive environment
- Offers a range of options for members from social tennis, inter club tennis , night time tennis and coaching for all ages
- Is available for use by various disadvantaged groups in our community
- Encourages participation of new and longer term residents of Port Melbourne, the City of Port Phillip and wider community
- Provides facilities that will meet the needs of the Port Phillip community into the first half of the 21st century